Welcome to Writing Life!
This is where you’ll find the support and expertise you need, whether you're looking for:
- A writing mentor to coach and encourage development of creative skills
- A manuscript advisor to evaluate and critique works in progress
- A consulting editor to proof and edit submissions, frame and write proposals
- A workshop leader to focus and guide a small-group retreat
- A lifewriting coach to organize, analyze, and shape a life story
- A professional writer to research and ghostwrite large projects
You’ve come to the right place. I have the credentials and experience to help you become a better writer, whatever the genre and whatever the level—and wherever you live. We can work together through e-mail, Skype, or in-person consultations.
After raising two children and heading out on my own, I entered university as a mature student. I have studied, taught, written, and published in many genres and am ideally prepared to work with you on auto/biography, non-fiction, poetry, fiction, drama, screenplay, and reviews. With three degrees and over a decade of teaching experience, in both the public and the non-profit sectors, I have the background and qualifications to provide support as you pursue a writing life and design your own life story.
I am a member of the Writers’ Union of Canada, the Professional Writers Association of Canada, and the Writers Guild of Alberta. I taught creative writing at the University of Winnipeg, served as a mentor in the Sheldon Oberman Emerging Writers Program, and sat on the Board of Directors for CV2: The Canadian Journal of Poetry and Critical Writing. Now, in addition to Writing Life, I teach online at Story Circle Network and occasionally at the University of Calgary.
Please consult my Business page for contact, rate, and payment options.